Every decision made by a board must be impartial and in the best interests of the organisation as a whole. Join this webinar for practical strategies on how directors can identify and manage conflicts of interest effectively.
Expiry Date - Saturday, 14 December 2024
Duration - 60
Directors may face, from time to time, conflicts of interest between the duties owed to the organisation they govern and their personal interests. They may range from scenarios as simple as recommending a friend or family member for a job within their organisation, to managing more complex scenarios such as multiple directorships or a close association with a dominant shareholder.
When conflicts of interest are not managed properly, it can lead to decisions that are biased and undermine the integrity of the organisation resulting in a loss of public trust, damage to reputation, and even legal consequences.
The webinar will review the key aspects involved in identifying and managing conflicts of interest effectively, if and when they arise, so you can ensure that your board promotes ethical behaviour and builds trust with stakeholders.
It will cover:
- Directors’ legal duties in respect of conflicts of interest under the Corporations Act.
- Recognising the different types of conflicts of interest that may arise.
- The importance of disclosure of conflicts of interest.
- Ethical and reputational dimensions of conflicts of interest.
- Strategies for prevention and effective management of conflicts of interest when they arise, including boardroom protocols and policies.
The aim of this session is to inform and illustrate with examples how directors can identify and manage conflicts so as to effectively govern their organisation.
Already a member?
Login to view this content