National Office +61 1300-739-119
The AICD’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan reflects the AICD’s commitment to learning from the world’s oldest continuing civilisation, alongside a First Nations community of leaders, to enhance Australian systems of governance for the benefit of society.
AICD’s Reconciliation Vision
We see a reconciled Australia that learns from the world’s oldest continuing civilisation and its systems of governance developed over thousands of years. Reconciliation means all Australians and all organisations recognise the fundamental importance of community and Country.
Our vision for reconciliation will bring greater knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to the wider community, and we envisage a prominent role for First Nations peoples in leadership positions across every sector and at every level of government. This will see more First Nations peoples represented in Australia’s boardrooms and a pipeline of emerging First Nations leaders ready to step into these roles.
Reconciliation reinforces the AICD’s broad mission to strengthen society through world-class governance and our reconciliation vision is for strong, well-governed organisations across the Australian economy that listen to, learn from and serve Australia’s First Nations peoples and their communities.
To advance this vision, we will work within our sphere of influence to educate, engage and lead the director community in these focus areas:
- Lift Australian director engagement with national reconciliation.
- Build the capability of a community of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders.
- Support self-determination in governance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Representation by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander directors.
- Recognition of the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ approaches to governance and custodianship.
- Contributing to the national conversation on First Nations self-determination and Treaty.
As Australia’s independent and trusted voice of governance, we recognise the role we can play in bringing national reconciliation to the broad and diverse range of organisations that our members lead throughout the nation.
Already a member?
Login to view this content