Navigating your pathway to the Board. The critical steps and tips to position yourself for a successful board career.
Expiry Date - Saturday, 14 September 2024
Duration - 60
Whilst the pursuit of a board portfolio is aspirational for many – it’s not for everyone. Building a successful board career requires a thoughtful and considered approach.
To understand what’s involved join us to hear from Board Search and Advisory specialists and learn the questions to ask of yourself and others to set you up for success, covering:
- When is the right time to consider board roles? Should you consider a board role whilst in your executive career or what until you transition?
- Are you board ready? What does this mean? What to expect. The differences between being an executive and a non-executive.
- How do you decide on the right boards for you? Where will you add the most value? How do you define your board value proposition?
- The director CV? Differences in opinions, what other directors and chairs want to see versus what board search firms need to know.
- Your director brand. How do you promote yourself and ‘market’ yourself for board roles?
- The importance of networking and ways to signal your intent to pursue board roles.
Participants will be challenged to consider their motivations, qualifications, and preparedness for a career as a Non-Executive Director and will take away practical tips for positioning themselves for success.
Already a member?
Login to view this content