The importance of accurate board minutes came under the spotlight at the Financial Services Royal Commission, and governance professionals are now reviewing their minute taking practices to ensure they remain fit for purpose and meet the relevant legal obligations.
The Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Governance Institute of Australia have collaborated to explore the most critical issues for boards and have released a joint statement, supported by a barristers’ opinion, to outline our position on these issues.The statement is available to download below.
Access the webcast
The issues and the statement were explored in a webcast on 2 August 2019.
- the relevant legal obligations
- the level of detail that should be included in minutes
- the status of drafts and notes.
- Graham Bradley AM FAICD, Non-Executive Director
- Anna Sandham FGIA, Senior Governance Consultant, Company Matters
- Douglas Gration FGIA, Barrister
- Catherine Maxwell FGIA, General Manager, Policy and Advocacy, Governance Institute of Australia
Already a member?
Login to view this content