Fifty-six emerging female directors have been paired with some of Australia's most influential business leaders for this year's Chair's Mentoring Program.
The AICD’s flagship diversity initiative, the Chair’s Mentoring Program, is now underway.
Now in its fifth year, the program is a practical initiative that aims to assist women on their directorship career journey and to increase representation of women on ASX200 boards. It provides board-ready women a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and develop their networks with some of Australia’s most influential business leaders, pre-eminent chairs and leading directors.
This year we received a record 438 applications from highly qualified and talented emerging female directors. The standard of applications was incredibly high, further demonstrating the breadth and depth of female talent in the director marketplace. Fifty-six mentees were chosen consisting of two from the ACT, two from Tasmania, six from WA, four from SA, six also from Queensland, 14 from Victoria and 22 from NSW.
Since its inception in 2010, more than 250 women have completed the Chair’s Mentoring Program. It has proven to be a highly valued professional development tool and plays a critical role in highlighting the benefits of board diversity.
Many past mentees and mentors have participated in interviews and articles during and after the program period.
- Company Director Magazine 2017: Margie Seale FAICD
- Company Director Magazine 2016: Brian Schwartz AM FAICD
- Company Director Magazine 2016: In Sync with Teresa Engelhard GAICD and Russell Higgins AO FAICD
- Advice from the chair: Dr Ziggy Switkowski AO FAICD and Kathleen Bailey-Lord FAICD
- Mutual support 2015: Diane Smith-Gander FAICD and Samantha Tough FAICD
- Feature with David Gonski AC FAICDLife
- Inside the Boardroom with Marina Go MAICD
- What I’ve learnt: Dr Kirstin Ferguson FAICD
- Fiona Harris FAICD: A professional company director
- Chair’s Mentoring Program: Q&A with Janette Kendall FAICD
- Chair’s Mentoring Program: Q&A with Maree Arnason GAICD
Already a member?
Login to view this content