“I love it when a chair gets the best out of me in board meetings. Unfortunately that’s a rare thing.” - Professional Director. So what do the best chairs do to engage and focus individuals and align the hearts and minds of their boards?
Expiry Date - Tuesday, 14 January 2025
Duration - 75
Great chairs create board meetings that engage the emotional as well as the intellectual capabilities of their directors. Emotionally, they work with human needs for challenge and connection, and leverage social norms to shape a collective focus in the boardroom. Intellectually, these chairs use subtle guidance to establish an environment where analysis and debate can lead to high quality decisions.
In this webinar, boardroom psychologist Rob Newman, experienced chairs Graham Bradley AM FAICD and Elizabeth Jameson AM FAICD will reveal how effective chairs direct and influence productive board meetings.
The webinar will cover
- Agendas that start with the end in mind
- Focusing the meetings’ attention
- Structuring the problem
- Moving beyond individual views to collective analysis
- Compelling collective accountability
By the end of the webinar you become familiar with and receive practical advice on how effective chairs:
- run goal directed agendas;
- manage participants focus and contributions during discussions; and
- use structured approaches for collective analysis and decision making.
You can find the other topics covered in the Boardroom Behaviours webinar series here.
Already a member?
Login to view this content