Setting the agenda for board meetings is more and more challenging in today’s complex operating environment as new imperatives demand greater attention. Join this webinar to explore a more intentional approach to effectively plan board agendas that address key matters inherent in the board’s governance framework.
Expiry Date - Thursday, 14 March 2024
Duration - 60
The board agenda is a critical component of driving board meeting performance and prioritising time for substantive discussion of long-term strategic choices, risks, opportunities and difficult decision-making.
Regulators have been critical of static board agendas not tailored to the growing range of issues, risks or focal areas which can demand deeper discussion. This webinar will explore ways a board can make the most of its time together to fulfil its growing responsibilities, covering:
- Why traditional approaches to board agendas may not respond to the changing circumstances of organisations
- How can agendas be adaptive to an increasingly complex environment?
- Reimagining board agendas and meetings structure by reimagining a ‘future-orientated’ governance framework
- What ‘deliberative’ work can boards delegate to committees’ agendas to support the board’s increasing workload?
- What local and global trends may influence future board time and priorities
By the end of the session, you will have the confidence to effectively develop a board agenda that flexibly meets the challenges and opportunities shaping the divergent governance issues of 2023+.
Already a member?
Login to view this content