On 27 October 2017, the AICD lodged a submission with the Attorney-General’s Department on the Modern Slavery in Supply Chains Reporting Requirement Public Consultation Paper.
The AICD supports the introduction of a Modern Slavery Act with appropriately designed reporting requirements. To maximise the benefits of the new regime, the AICD recommendations as to the principles that should guide the design of the legislation, include:
• Design of reporting requirements to encourage and support disclosure, avoiding punitive measures
• To provide flexibility for organisations in regards to the reporting criteria
• Consistency with the UK Modern Slavery Act to the extent possible
• A phased roll-out and a review of proposed thresholds for reporting; and
• Government entities should be subject to the regime.
Already a member?
Login to view this content