Unlocking the Privacy Act Reforms: In-Depth insights into the proposed changes, potential business impact, and what boards should be considering.
Expiry Date - Monday, 09 June 2025
Duration - 60
Are You Prepared for the Potential Privacy Act Changes in Australia? Join Us to Learn More!
As a board director, staying informed about regulatory changes is crucial for the success and compliance of your business. The proposed changes to the Privacy Act in Australia will have a significant impact on how every Australian organisation collects, protects and governs the personal information of its customers, employees and stakeholders.
In this exclusive webinar, we will delve into the details of the upcoming reforms and provide you with valuable insights on how they may affect organisations of sizes. Stay ahead of the curve and ensure your business is prepared for the potential changes ahead.
During this dynamic session, our expert speakers will cover the following key areas covered in the Privacy Act Review:
- Expanding Definition of "Personal Information" and a new test of ‘fair and reasonable information handling’: Understand how the proposed changes will broaden the scope of regulated information, and how it may impact your organisation's data collection practices.
- Removal of the Small Business exemption and changes to the Employee Records exemption: Learn about the potential significant implications of these proposed changes.
- New Prescriptive Requirements: privacy impact assessments, treatment of de-identified information and having a senior employee with responsibility for privacy
- New Enforcement Powers, Penalties, and individual options for compensation: Learn about the proposed enhanced enforcement powers, penalties, and avenues for individuals to seek compensation for breaches of their privacy.
- Next steps and interaction with the Government’s separate cyber security reforms
Don't miss out on this invaluable opportunity to stay informed and prepared for the proposed Privacy Act changes. Register now to secure your spot in this must-attend webinar and gain the knowledge and insights you need to safeguard your organisation's privacy compliance and overall, data governance.
Already a member?
Login to view this content