This session will provide practical guidance to prepare you and your board for appropriate governance structures to integrate climate change into your decision making.
Expiry Date - Monday, 14 October 2024
Duration - 60
As part of the Climate Governance Initiative Global Summit Tim Stutt (Partner and Australian lead, ESG, Herbert Smith Freehills), Maxine Brenner (Non-Executive Director, Woolworths Group, Origin Energy, Orica Limited, and Qantas Airways), and Naomi Edwards (Independent Chair, Spirit Super) explore how directors and boards might best structure themselves to manage their oversight responsibility around climate change, sustainability and other ESG issues.
- Does the entity need an ESG/sustainability committee?
- Options for different committee structures, e.g. separate sustainability committee vs risk and audit oversight
- Report and recommend vs decision making capacity
- Overlap between different Committee responsibilities
- Common pressure points
- Suggestions for a Sustainability/ESG board charter
- Composition and member skills
Complementary to this webinar, and in collaboration with Herbert Smith Freehills, the AICD will be releasing a guide on this topic with an accompanying template charter for use. This will be available in later this year.
Already a member?
Login to view this content