Financial statements -they’re complex and important. Part two will cover tips on how to analyse the income statements and statement of cash flows; and interpreting key financial ratios using a real-life charity’s financial statements
Expiry Date - Friday, 14 February 2025
Duration - 60
In part 2 of this series, we’ll give you the skills and confidence to review, analyse and interpret financial information, specifically in the NFP sector. We will cover:
- What’s in an income statement and a statement of cash flows using a real charity’s financial statements
- A step-by-step methodology to read, analyse and interpret these statements
- What questions to ask when reviewing these statements.
- Key financial ratios to analyse performance – liquidity, operating, financing and profitability
- How to use these ratios to identify trends and draw conclusions.
By the end of the series you will understand how to interpret financial ratios, draw conclusions on the performance and financial position of the charity over time and identify trends and draw conclusions, giving you the confidence to apply the learnings to your own organisation.
You may also be interested in Unpacking NFP Board Finances Pt1 - Balance sheets and reporting requirements.
Already a member?
Login to view this content