ABOUT THE COURSE
Are you and your organisation cyber ready?
Would you add value when responding to a cyber crisis? This illuminating four-week online course will help experienced board directors gain the knowledge and confidence to assist in preparing a robust strategy to manage a cyber threat effectively.
The course has been designed for experienced practising directors comfortable with online learning and disciplined to study without supervision.
Prior governance knowledge is recommended. You should be a current practising director with three years’ experience or have attended one of the below:
- Governance for Directors.
- Strategy & Risk for Directors.
- Foundations of Directorship.
- Governance Foundations for NFP Directors.
- Company Directors Course
You will require a minimum of 4mbp internet, webcam, microphone and a quiet place when attending the virtual classrooms.
This course will help you gain an understanding of the cybersecurity landscape so you can contribute to setting policies that align with technological approaches to managing risk.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand why it is critical for boards and directors to pay attention to cyber.
- Outline the board’s role in cyber governance and insights to building a healthy cyber governance culture.
- Evaluate cyber threats and actors as well as uncover strategies to establish appropriate enterprise risk management.
- Apply useful cyber focused frameworks and develop a cyber enterprise risk management system for long-term protection.
- Explore ways of developing an effective cyber strategy and measuring its performance.
- Understand how cyber preparedness aligns with the organisation’s governance framework and your role in the process.
- Explore how organisations can develop resilience to cyber.
- Understand the link between cyber and good governance practices.
- Investigate cyber response and crisis management strategies as well as principles and notifications so you have the confidence to respond in the face of a cyber threat.
- Add value to your role by applying the learning from the course to strengthen an organisation’s risk-preparedness capability.
The course content is delivered over four weeks and comprises two one-hour virtual classrooms in week two and week four. These will be live and recorded for your convenience.
You will be required to spend at least 1.5 to 2 hrs per week completing materials and participating in course activities.
You will have the flexibility to study the course content in your own time while enjoying expert guidance and support provided in our virtual classrooms.
Your tutors are experienced company directors, selected for their extensive knowledge of the board environment and their ability to engage and connect with participants.
The vignettes discussed in the virtual classrooms will be moderated peer-led discussions.
- Be part of a cohort capped at 40 students.Complete a variety of interactive modules each week focusing on different themes.
- Check in with fellow participants to test your assumptions, discuss dilemmas and share experiences using online discussion forums.
- Access support from an online tutor in our online discussion forums and two live virtual classrooms.
- Get 10 DPD units and a Statement of Attendance on completion.
Below is a week-by-week breakdown of The Board’s Role in Cyber.
- Cyber overview
- Cyber governance and culture
- Cyber threats, attacks and methods
- Cyber risk management
- Virtual classroom
- Cyber strategy
- Cyber preparedness
- Cyber resilience
- Responding to a cyber crisis
- Case studies
- Virtual classroom
Note: If you have a disability or other learning or accessibility needs, we invite you contact us on 1300 739 119 to discuss how we can best support you during this course.
Select your preferred date
No current courses match your criteria
Already a member?
Login to view this content