ABOUT THE COURSE
Get the right information to your board.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to establish effective board reporting frameworks for effective boardroom decision making. It outlines the main types of reports, their legal requirements, and how they are used.
You will learn how to enhance the reports coming into the boardroom in just four weeks.
Select your preferred date and location
No current courses match your criteria
Find out more about the course
This four-week online course has been designed for leaders comfortable with online learning and disciplined to study without supervision.
It is suited for:
- New and aspiring directors seeking to improve their skills in preparing, presenting and examining reports that will be shared with the board.
- Senior executives seeking to understand what board members expect from a report.
- Company secretaries seeking to assess and enhance the quality of the reporting they receive from management.
You will require a minimum of 4mbp internet, webcam, microphone and a quiet place when accessing the course online.
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the purpose, framework and expectations for effective board reporting.
The course will provide you with the knowledge you need to assess and improve the quality of your organisation's board reports.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the reporting needs of the board, the role of management in board reporting, and legal requirements of board reports.
- Identify the objectives of board reporting and how they facilitate critical thinking in evaluating the pros and cons of recommendations made.
- Define the structure and purpose of the various types of board reports to ensure accuracy, relevancy and ease of decision making.
- Implement a reporting framework that encourages the succinct capture of key information so that it can be easily retrieved for board reporting.
The course content is delivered over four weeks and comprises two one-hour virtual classrooms in week two and week four. These will be live and recorded for your convenience.
You will be required to spend at least 1.5 to 2 hrs per week completing materials and participating in course activities.
You will have the flexibility to study the course content in your own time while enjoying the expert guidance and support provided in our virtual classrooms.
Your tutors are experienced company directors, selected for their extensive knowledge of the board environment and their ability to engage and connect with participants.
The vignettes discussed in the virtual classrooms will be moderated peer-led discussions.
- Be part of a cohort capped at 40 students.
- Complete a variety of interactive modules covering the week’s themes.
- Check in with fellow participants to test your assumptions, discuss dilemmas and share experiences using online discussion forums.
- Access support from an online tutor on our online discussion forums and two live/ recorded virtual classrooms.
- Get 10 DPD units and a Statement of Attendance on completion.
Below is a week-by-week breakdown of the Reporting to the Board course.
- Director Roles and Responsibilities
- The Reporting Framework
- Virtual classroom
- Reports to the Board
- Preparing and Presenting Reports
- Reporting by the Board
- Case Studies
- Virtual classroom
Note: If you have a disability or other learning accessibility needs, we invite you contact us on 1300 739 119 to discuss how we can best support you during this course.
Already a member?
Login to view this content