The webinar focuses on the importance of a risk appetite statement in guiding an organisation's risk strategy. It will explore techniques for creating a statement of the level of risk the organisation is willing to accept, and how it can support sound risk governance, culture, and strategic decision-making.
Expiry Date - Wednesday, 15 May 2024
Duration - 60
Set by the board, a risk appetite statement underpins sound risk governance systems, including risk culture and strategic decision-making. It enables an organisation to understand the level of risk that its willing and able to accept.
This webinar provides a practical guide to the board’s role in understanding and creating the purpose of their risk appetite statement. It will also dive into how directors can monitor the internal alignment within the risk management framework of the organisation.
The webinar will cover key points:
- The purpose of a risk appetite statement, including the difference between appetite and tolerance
- The board's role in establishing the risk appetite statement
- Aligning the board and management with strategic objectives
- Embedding the risk appetite into the organisation's risk culture
- Practical tips for establishing a risk appetite statement, reporting, and decision making
The webinar will provide actionable takeaways to assist directors and executives in fulfilling their risk control and mitigation reporting duties, and in making strategic decisions within the risk appetite parameters set by the board and organisation.
Already a member?
Login to view this content