Designed for school board, council members, and those reporting to school boards or councils, this session explores the duties and responsibilities of the school board director and the characteristics of an effective school board.
Expiry Date - Saturday, 14 September 2024
Duration - 60
This session explores the practical elements that contribute to good school governance.
We will cover:
- The duties and responsibilities of the school board/ council member
- Adapting key governance principles to the distinctive characteristics of a school environment
- The skills a school board/ council member needs to be effective in their role
- How to determine whether the board or council is governing in the best interests of the school
The webinar provides tools and frameworks for school directors and examines contemporary governance issues. It is designed to stimulate thinking and generate ideas and questions that school boards should ask.
- Elizabeth Jameson AM FAICD, Managing Director, BoardMatters Pty Ltd
- Geoffrey Ryan AM, Chair, Mentone Grammar School
Already a member?
Login to view this content