ABOUT THE COURSE
Will you become an influential leader?
The Foundations of Directorship™ Online program is designed to equip new and aspiring directors with skills to contribute at the highest level so you can quickly transition from being a new board member to a valuable contributor.
Combining virtual classroom sessions, online learning activities and individual study, Foundations of Directorship™ Online provides a convenient and highly engaging environment in which to build your boardroom skills and develop valuable connections.
Foundations of Directorship Online provides an understanding of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
- Have recently been appointed to a board
- Are a senior executive or manager interested in pursuing a career as a director
- Would like to better understand board processes
the Foundations of Directorship Online program will provide the knowledge you need.
Foundations of Directorship Online provides a comprehensive introduction to the responsibilities of directorship and helps participants establish a director mindset to prepare for a successful director career.
The topics covered in the program include: Governance for Directors, Finance for Directors, and Strategy and Risk for Directors.
Upon completion of the program, you will have a thorough knowledge of:
- The duties and responsibilities of a director.
- Governance and board meeting processes.
- The director's role in evaluating financial statements.
- The link between corporate strategy and financial performance.
- The director's role in formulating and monitoring strategy, and in identifying and assessing risk.
Foundations of Directorship Online offers you the flexibility to study from a location that suits you while being supported by a team of experienced faculty members and a dedicated Learning Support Executive.
Combining virtual classroom sessions, online learning activities and individual study, the blended delivery method offers a flexible and highly engaging learning environment and the opportunity to connect with your online peers.
After completing the program you will have clarity around your role in contributing to board performance and effectiveness. You will also walk away with new connections who could play an invaluable role in your career progression.
The structured 11-week program includes:
- Two weeks of pre-reading to familiarise yourself with the course materials.
- Hard and soft copy program notes, live virtual classrooms and online discussion forums that allow you to connect and discuss the course content.
- An online Course Introduction Session to welcome participants and discuss how the course will be delivered
- During this session you will meet the teaching faculty and your Learning Support Executive who will guide you through the program. This is also a good opportunity to meet the other participants in your course.
- Three days in our virtual classroom (one day per week over three weeks) where you will explore key concepts and case studies which cover the fundamentals of directorship.
- A six-week assessment period, during which you will be supported by a dedicated Learning Support Executive as you navigate the optional assessment task.
- A dedicated Learning Support Executive who will support you as you prepare for the optional assessment.
- Additional resources to help you prepare for assessment, including a video exploring tips and a practice quiz where you can familiarise yourself with the type of questions you will be asked.
After completing the course:
- You will accrue 30 DPD units.
- You can undertake the course assessment; this must be completed within six weeks of the final live virtual classroom session.
On successful completion of the course assessment:
- You will qualify for the Foundations of Directorship Certificate and earn an additional 5 DPD units.
To effectively participate in the virtual classrooms, we recommend that all participants:
- Have access to reliable, high-speed internet (a minimum bandwidth of 4Mbps for uploads and downloads).
- Use a computer or device with a quality camera and microphone.
- Have access to a quiet, private location for the duration of the virtual classrooms.
Foundations of Directorship Online is also available for in-house delivery. Enquire here for more information.
Participants who successfully complete and pass the Foundations of Directorship Online multiple choice quiz will attain the Foundations of Directorship Certificate.
The quiz is an opportunity for participants to consolidate their learning and to benchmark their understanding against the standard set by the AICD.
For further details about the assessment, refer to the Participant Assessment Guide.
Select your preferred date
No current courses match your criteria
I am so pleased that I chose to complete the Foundations of Directorship Online. The content was really engaging, and the flexible delivery allowed me to access the learning materials from the comfort of home. I would thoroughly recommend this course.
Prefer to undertake the Foundations of Directorship™ in person? Click the button below.
Want to know more?
Learn more about the program by accessing our detailed brochure. If you have any further queries, use the enquiry button below.
Already a member?
Login to view this content