National Office 1300-739-119
We have the largest director membership in the world, comprised of leaders from not-for-profit, private and public sectors in Australia and across the globe.
As a member of the AICD, you will have access to exclusive benefits to help you develop your skills, enhance your performance and advance your career.
Improve your effectiveness
Continue to hone your skillset and grow your professional networks.
Networking events with preferential member rates
- Make new connections in your industry, sector or location.
- Hear presentations and speeches from high-profile leaders.
Networking in our member-only LinkedIn group
- Join the thousands of AICD members in our LinkedIn community.
- Expand your network by connecting with other members.
- Follow and participate in conversations about directorship and governance.
Directorship Opportunities listings*
- Discover new positions and advisory panels across organisations, sectors and industries within Australia.
- Advertise vacant positions to our highly targeted subscriber base of skilled professionals.
- Stand out from the crowd with our member-only CV templates.
*An additional subscription fee applies
BUSINESS CENTRE & MEMBER LOUNGE
We can take care of your business.
Complimentary for members and their guests, our member lounges are modern multi-functional spaces which can be used for informal meetings, private work or simply to unwind.
- Connect – meet our Member Engagement Executives, network with your peers.
- Work in comfort – catch up on your emails, work at our desks with free wi-fi.
- Relax between appointments – enjoy complimentary refreshments while you unwind between meetings or flights.
- Hire office and meeting rooms.
Improve your organisation’s governance
The guidance you receive from us will support you in creating high-performance governance teams.
We provide tailored governance education for you, your board and your business. Our world-class programs are designed by expert educators with the input of experienced directors. They are designed to meet the needs of modern leaders by being flexible, relevant, practical and topical; they help improve board reporting and performance benchmarking, and support the development and execution of strategy.
Company Directors Course™ – for directors and senior executives
- Designed to strengthen the governance skills and knowledge of your organisation’s leaders
- Participate in interactive learning that gives you an in-depth look at the critical elements of corporate governance and directorship
Foundations of Directorship™ – for new directors, senior executives and managers
- Designed to establish the governance knowledge of your organisation’s board or executive team
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the three components of directorship: governance, strategy and risk, and finance
Reporting to the Board – for senior executives and managers
- Designed to help your organisation’s senior executives and managers report more effectively
- Gain insights into aligning the board and the executive
- Access and use effective reporting tools
Boardroom Mastery – available exclusively to experienced directors
- A unique three-day course offering a highly individualised and transformational learning experience
- Designed to explore how your thinking and behaviour impacts board performance
- Ideal for those who are ready to take their personal performance to the next level
Understand your duties and responsibilities
Stay current with our publications and resources written by governance experts.
Tools & resources
- Gain access to our large expert-curated library of information on key governance and directorship issues in Australia.
- Learn more about issues such as board diversity, directors and officers insurance, financial reporting and director remuneration.
- Read articles from Company Director magazine, archived and cross-referenced online for your convenience.
Director Self-assessment Tool
- Complete a 20-minute assessment online to receive a customised report detailing areas of strength and areas for development.
- Plan a detailed suggested learning pathway tailored to your sector.
- Compare your current report with previous reports to measure improvements in your skills and capability.
- Compare yourself with all other members in the same sector.
- There is the option to share your report with us and participate in a personalised career conversation.
Already a member?
Login to view this content